“We thank all the brave ex-Avatar Masters and ex-Scientologists for finding the courage to speak out and provide critical information and substantial contribution in an urgent effort to warn potential students and to stop the manipulation, deception, exploitation and abuse”.
A Very Warm Welcome to Avatar Uncovered | Exposing the Avatar Course
You are being pulled into an an agenda which isn’t upfront.
You are being lied to and important information is being kept from you.
Do not fall for the love bombing, fake “composed” personas, false promises and the feelings of belonging and love.
It is all to get you ‘on-course’, to continue on the path and to lure you into their agenda. (a typical cult process).
Save your money… your sanity… and your life….
Save yourself from losing EVERYTHING.
Avatar has been dangerous and destructive for many!
Who Are We
Avatar Uncovered is an online platform dedicated to investigating and exposing the inner workings of the Avatar Course and Stars Edge International.
Led by Amanda Reed (ex-Avatar Master / Junior Adv. Intern) and supported by ex-Scientologists, ex ‘loyal’ Avatar Masters, and our friends, family and loved ones – we are dedicated to bringing the truth to the surface and exposing the injustices, abuses, exploitation and violations of Avatar, Stars Edge International and Harry Palmer / Avra Honey-Smith.
A Scientology spin off destructive cult, Avatar continues to ruin many lives and many ex-members have felt silenced, confused, suppressed and ashamed. They have lost their voice and their rights. They have been violated, exploited, abused and deceived. This has also significantly affected their family, friends and loved ones.
Are you a concerned family member, friend or relative?
If you are a concerned family member, relative, friend or loved one – please go here>> https://avataruncovered.is/family-loved-ones/ There are things you need to consider when dealing with a loved one in a destructive cult such as Avatar!
About Our Exposure
This exposure is based on the DIRECT experiences of DOZENS of Avatar Masters/Wizards and their friends, family and loved ones. It is not purely based on the experiences of Amanda Reed, as has been told to students by Stars Edge Trainers and Avatar Masters. This is part of their smear campaign to discredit our expose and prevent you from taking the information seriously.
Some ex-members who were seriously exploited, abused and deceived, continue to contribute their time, knowledge and concerns, including some who were in Avatar for well over a decade and were at one stage fanatically devoted to Avra Honey-Smith and Harry Palmer (Star Masters, AIs and QMs).
We aim to provide an alternative perspective of the Avatar course and the Avatar Path than what is presented on their corporate website, glossy marketing materials, or by loyal Avatar Masters who ARE NOT being upfront or honest as to what is really going on in Avatar, especially the AIs, QMs and Trainers.
Nothing in this expose is sensationalised and everything in this expose has been based on ALL of our experiences, our observations when part of this cult, evidence and facts. When it is purely our opinion, we state so.
Research… Research… Research…
This is also A WARNING to all potential students to do your homework before taking the Avatar Course and continuing on your Avatar Path. Research and learn what you will be “really” subjecting yourself to and continue to ask questions!
Do not be fooled by the fake facade of love, compassion and enlightenment – which is a common cult tactic!
A lot of Avatar Masters will put on a smiley face, whilst their life is falling apart around them, or they have not made the positive changes in their lives which Avatar claims. Very little is really what is presented to you!
Many will be completely isolated from their friends, family, loved ones.
Currently there will be Avatar Masters on the course with you who are in debt tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands and even up to the millions of dollars for those high up and who are part of the Avatar Angels!
This is no joke! It is serious financial abuse and exploitation.
If you attend a course, the moment you are:
- Not allowed to criticise
- Not allowed to question
- Are told to work through your resistance and go against your own “knowing”
- Are told to go against your own integrity
- Are shot down, made to feel guilty, or are silenced.
- Are told to do something for the “sake of the bigger picture”.
Stand up and WALK OUT!
It may safe you years and years of suffering!
“Nobody joins a cult. You join a self-help group, a religious movement, a political organization. They change so gradually, by the time you realize you’re entrapped – and almost everybody does – you can’t figure a safe way back out.”
(Deborah Layton, who was involved in — and escaped from — Jim Jones’ Peoples Temple cult)
Who is this site suitable for?
The information, education and support we provide is aimed at ex-members, Avatar Masters who may be questioning, potential students, the general public, journalists, law enforcement, mental health practitioners and concerned friends, family and loved ones.
The advice of cult educational organisations, cult experts and thought reform consultants was sought before the launch of this exposure and active campaign. Many continue to fully support our exposure and campaign.
NB: those who have chosen to remain anonymous will always have their identities protected. We absolutely never disclose names or confidential information which is well within “our legal rights”. This is imperative considering Stars Edge’s track record of harassment and bullying tactics.
Please note, the purpose of this expose is not to slander, libel or harm Harry Palmer, Avra Honey-Smith or any of the Stars Edge Trainers in any way. It is to bring truth to the surface, to bring awareness and education to the public, to bring closure for victims, to support ex-Avatar masters, family, friends and loved ones, and to potentially stop Star’s Edge’s allegedly damaging practices and processes – so that no one might be hurt in the future.
Transgressions, Violations and Abuses
Since the launch of The Avatar Course in 1986, the creation of advanced courses, including the Avatar Masters Course, Professional Course, Integrity Course and Wizards Course, and the adoption of the Advanced Intern Program – there have been many reports of unethical practices, violations, abuses, injustices and extreme exploitation.
These include, especially for those who have been deeply immersed in the Group:
- Emotional, psychological, verbal, spiritual and financial abuse.
- Verbal and emotional abuse has included daily put down, ridicule and extreme control by Avra Honey-Smith with all her AIs, QMs and Trainers (to the stage of them being in floods of tears, distressed and humiliated in front of the group she is working with). This verbal and emotional abuse is often then carried out by Trainers and QMs to lower down Masters.
- Undue influence and coercive persuasion in signing up to courses and continuing on “The Path” (sometimes extreme pressure and manipulation to do Avatar and continue Advanced courses and internships).
- Extreme financial exploitation: millions of dollars being handed over to Stars Edge, “per devoted Avatar Master” (mostly found with AIs and QMs) who have access to existing assets, or can find a way to access them. These Masters are known as the Avatar Angels in the inner circle. This money has often been handed over on abusive and manipulative demands of Avra and her Trainers; sometimes justified as being a consequence of the Masters “transgressions” they have committed. This is being kept hidden from lower down Masters and even their families and loved ones. Often these Masters never see their money again and Stars Edge refuse to pick up the pieces.
- Illegal and abusive use of confidential information, folders and confessionals: there is an internal Ethics Procedure claims of blackmail and personal information is freely shared to control.
- Breakdowns and hospitalisation: both on the Avatar courses and practising Avatar Masters who were part of the Group/network.
- Misrepresentation and non-disclosure of product.
- Unlawful and illegal exemption clauses and disclaimers.
- Illegal Intern structure: many AIs and QMs on the Advanced Intern Program are exploited for free labour of 80 to 100 hours per week.
- No transparency of financial structure: How do QMs get paid? How do Trainers get paid? Where does an Avatar Master’s internship payment go? What is the financial organisational scale?.
- Deceptive recruitment: a huge amount of the “truth”, inner workings and “what Avatar is really about” is kept hidden from potential students.
- Secrecy: both the creation of the materials, the background of the leaders, the financial structure, operational management and the hidden inner levels.
- Anxiety, depression and other mental disorders.
- Severe debt, financial difficulties and bankruptcy: MOST Masters struggle financially. It’s rare you will find a successful Avatar Master. Most are lied to about potential success throughout their recruitment process.
- Bullying in the workplace.
- Manipulative and controlling practices: especially by QMs, Trainers and Avra Honey-Smith.
- Psychological intervention needed with ex-members, especially their more devoted Masters. This has included cult exit counselling, cult interventions, psychologists and psychiatrists.
- Gas lighting: a damaging psychological abusive technique.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): especially those who were under the direct control of Avra Honey-Smith.
- Complete breakdown of relationships, family life and careers.
- Behaviour control, including:
- Relationship control
- Pregnancy and child rearing control
- Lifestyle and weight control
- Time control.
- Complete loss of identity, replaced by a “cult identity”.
- Suicidal tendencies, deep deep depression and cases of people not able to work again for many years after their involvement.
The majority of these abuses and violations are happening within the Advanced Intern Program and towards the top of the hierarchy. This is common for Advanced Interns, QMs and Trainers. As with many cults, the extreme abuse, control and exploitation are being kept hidden from lower down Avatar Masters, students, their family and friends and the general public.
However, no matter how serious, the perspective from Stars Edge regarding all claims and complaints ever made throughout all their courses and the after affects of being part of their Network, has been to bypass ALL responsibility by always blaming the “victim” in using their “personal responsibility” and “you create it all” doctrines.
Avatar as a Destructive Cult
A destructive cult does not mean a person has to be physically beaten, or kept in a compound. Nor is it very obvious at first that you are entering into one. Sometimes the process take months, and even years, before the person becomes psychologically and emotionally trapped, abused and exploited – suddenly becoming a pawn for the organisations hidden agenda(s).
According to our experiences (some which have been extreme), many cases received, and a detailed investigation as laid out on this website – Harry Palmer, Avra Honey-Smith and Stars Edge International have created this trap!
All the claims on this website are backed up through ALL of our personal experiences, cases received, negative reviews made, evidence received and retained, interviews carried out with ex-Avatar Masters and ex-Scientologists from Harry and Avra’s Elmira Mission, and a comprehensive analysis against various well-respected cult models, including: Singers 6 Conditions, the BITE model and Liftons 8 Conditions.
In the cultic field, Avatar (The Avatar Course) has a reputation with many exit counsellors, cult interventionists and cult awareness/educational organisations as being a destructive cult, especially financially and psychologically.
Avatar and Unethical Hypnosis
HYPNOSIS goes by many names, such as trance work and guided meditation. Hypnosis is not sleep. It is the focusing of attention and concentration. It is very directed and contained.
There are qualified mental health professionals who assist in healing through hypnosis, which is a very powerful modality and must be used with skill and caution. There are also many who are not trained and not qualified. They may have another agenda as to why they are taking you through these hypnotic techniques.
Many people are NOT good consumers and they do not understand the difference between ‘unethical’ and ‘ethical’ hypnosis. They do not question what a practitioner, or a group like Avatar, is subjecting them too. They just go along with it.
Hypnosis can be dangerous, especially if led by the unqualified, and those with a hidden agenda. The problem is if there is a person or a group (such as Avatar) with an agenda which wants to feed you with ideology or unduly influence you to get you to do things you do not want to do (such as take on a ‘concept’, ‘philosophy’, ”sign up to future courses’ or ‘prevent you from questioning’), then this can be detrimental.
Unethical hypnosis is not only used in Avatar – it is abused!
On a course you are subjected to hypnotic techniques EVERY SINGLE DAY on both the 9 day course, leading into advanced courses. If you intern, you start the day with hypnotic practices. If you are a Junior Adv. Intern upwards, you stay in “serious drill” all day, which is hypnotic. This all whilst you are listening to cult propaganda and Harry Palmer’s talks every single day! You are constantly subjected to the beliefs of the leader and the group, whilst in a light trance.
Some people get through the Avatar Course fine, some have issues, and for others it can be detrimental. This is always blamed on the person, even if they end up in a complete mess and even hospitalised.
Harry Palmer and Avatar are not upfront that the tools are merely hypnotic exercises, which have been stolen from a variety of modalities, and other cults, such as Scientology. They are not upfront that Avatar IS NOT a one sized fits all and can be dangerous for some people.
Again, If you are a potential student, please do your homework and educate yourself on cult tactics, such as prolonged hypnotic states, as much as possible.
Suppression of Free Speech & Critics
In the past, many ex-members have been violated and threatened for speaking out about the injustices and negative experiences of The Avatar Course and the Stars Edge Network. These have even gone as far as death threats, threats of ill health and smear campaigns made against those ex-Avatar Masters and their families who have been brave enough to speak out.
This has led to the suppression of free speech and the prevention of critical material being published online, with past websites having been taken down and domain names being confiscated by Stars Edge, which we believe is not only for the public interest but also critical in supporting friends, family and loved ones who have someone caught up within the inner workings of Avatar and the Stars Edge Network.
We believe this level of “cover up”, “bullying” and the “deceptive use” of copyright protection is plain wrong and that all violations, abuses, injustices, lies, deception, corruption, secrets and hidden agendas associated with The Avatar Course, the Stars Edge Network, Harry Palmer, Avra Honey-Smith and their inner circle should be exposed without fear of loss of life, smear campaigns, humiliation, or the threat of harm being done to friends, family and loved ones. It is these fears, in addition to deeply ingrained Avatar indoctrination, regret, shame and remorse, which has kept ex-Avatar Masters in either a state of confusion or complete silence.
This is NOT ACCEPTABLE and we will do everything in our power to make sure ALL information and cover ups are freely distributed throughout the Internet, social media and the Press which, as far as humanly possible, will be free of fear, free of interruption and free of suppression. It is important to note the ‘seriousness’ of the claims and information shared on this website.
We want Harry Palmer, Avra Honey-Smith and Stars Edge International to understand and absorb every case, every claim, every review, every experience and ALL information which can be found on this website and in our active campaign.
We will not accept the “boomerang” affect for anyone who speaks out! This is no longer acceptable! People should be able to share their “real” experiences without being frightened.
See our Open Letters to Stars Edge, Harry Palmer and Avra Honey-Smith:
Letter 1 to Stars Edge>> https://avataruncovered.is/letter-to-stars-edge/
Letter 2 to Stars Edge>> https://avataruncovered.is/2nd-letter-stars-edge/
Over the next few months, Avatar Uncovered will be carrying out many interviews with ex-members, cult experts and mental health practitioners. The intention is to help bring education and awareness to the general public, healing for ex-members, families and loved ones, and information for those contemplating doing the Avatar Course.
Submit Information Anonymously
Avatar Uncovered is committed to providing a space and secure platform where all information which is shared can be completely anonymous.
If you have a story, experience, or information you wish to share, you can do this without it ever being connected to your real identity or your IP address. To submit a story or piece of information in complete anonymity, please follow the instructions>>HERE
Lets begin our expose! START HERE>> Our Perspective